J. David Milliner | Utah Business Lawyer; Trust, Estate & Probate Attorney; Divorce Lawyer
* J.D. Milliner & Associates, P.C. / Strategic Legal Advisors, L.C.,
Salt Lake City, Utah; Since 2010.
Founder and Principal Attorney of law firm focused on the areas of Business Law, Trust, Estate and Probate Law, Family (Divorce) Law, Litigation and Appeals.
* McIntyre & Golden, P.C., Salt Lake City, Utah; 2003 to 2010.
Attorney representing clients in the areas of general civil litigation (including bankruptcy litigation), a wide variety of business transactions (including real property, personal property, mergers and acquisitions), family (divorce) law, and estate planning and probate matters.
* Fidelity Investments, Salt Lake City, Boston and D.C. areas; 1993 to 2002.
Private Client Relationship Manager providing all facets of day-to-day relationship management for high-net-worth clients. Assisted clients in developing and implementing investment, retirement and estate planning strategies.
* LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & McRae, Salt Lake City, Utah; 1990 to 1992.
Associate Attorney in local branch office of large New York City-based law firm assisting senior attorneys in representing businesses and individuals in civil litigation matters, with a focus on bankruptcy litigation, and in sophisticated business transactions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
* On-going “Continuing Legal Education:” focusing on the areas of Business Law (including bankruptcy), Trust, Estate and Probate Law, Family (Divorce) Law and Litigation.
* Juris Doctor: 1990; University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah.
William H. Leary Scholar. Focused on business law, bankruptcy law, estate planning & probate law. Chosen as a Staff Writer and a Developments-in-the-Law Editor for Utah Law Review. Author: Real Property Collateral: the “One Action” Rule in Action, 1991 Utah L. Rev. 557.
* First Year Law: 1987-88; Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana.
Top 20% of first-year class. Invited to join staff of Indiana Law Journal.
* B.A. Finance (Spanish Minor): 1986; University of Utah David Eccles School of Business, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Three years as trumpeter in Mighty Utah Marching Band, Pep and Symphonic Bands.
* Utah Bar – since 1990. Member: Business Law, Bankruptcy, Real Property, Securities, Estate Planning and Probate, Family Law and Litigation Sections.
* Maryland Bar – since 2002 (currently inactive).
* Various Securities and Investment Advisor Licenses – since 1993 (currently inactive)